So exam season is upon is which means comfort food is definitely required. Today’s recipe comes with a free song to listen to (thats right, free!) so here you go, some snacks and a track…
Peanut Butter and Chocolate Cookies.
300g plain chocolate
100g milk chocolate
100g light muscovado sugar
100g crunchy peanut butter
½ tsp vanilla extract
100g self-raising flour
100g salted roasted peanuts
1)Preheat the oven to 180C/gas 4/fan 160C.
2) Chop 200g of the plain chocolate and all of the milk chocolate into small chunks for inside of the cookies.
3) Melt the remaining 100 grams of plain chocolate in the microwave (be careful not to burn it!)
4) Mix into the melted chocolate stir the sugar, butter, peanut butter, egg and vanilla and beat with a wooden spoon until its all mixed in.
5) Then stir in the flour, nuts, milk chocolate and half of the plain chocolate chunks.
6) Line a baking sheet with greaseproof paper, spoon on a tablespoon of the mixture at a time to form round blob shapes, make sure there is plenty of space between them so they have room to spread, I cooked mine in batches of four. Press two or three of the left over plain chocolate chunks into the top of the mixture so they are exposed. Cook on the top shelf for ten minutes, so the cookies are cooked around the outside but still gooey in the middle, they will harden once they have been left to cool. Leave on the baking sheet once you’ve removed from the oven for about 10-15 minutes, the cookies will break if you move them straight away. Repeat with the rest of the batches.
Peanut Butter reminds me of American Diners and American Diner’s reminds me of Buddy Holly, recently stumbled across this excellent cover of ‘Dearest’ by my current obsession The Black Keys.